In order to become a City of Erie firefighter, interested applicants must follow the current application process, outlined below.
Applications are available beginning April 15, 2019 and must be submitted by May 31, 2019. You can either:
Apply online at erie.pa.us/fire/apply
Apply during business hours (from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.) at the Human Resources Office in City Hall.
The Human Resources Office is located at:
City of Erie Municipal Building
Human Resources Office (Room 300)
626 State St.
Erie, PA 16501
- You will need the following documents to apply:
- Valid driver’s license
- Birth certificate
- High school diploma
- DD-214 form (if applicable) to qualify for 10 additional points to the written exam for military service
- If you don’t have internet access, access to a scanner, or need assistance uploading your documents, you can apply in-person through computer kiosk at City Hall. Our staff is happy to assist.
- The City of Erie charges a non-refundable $30 application fee.
- There is a $20 study guide fee. The fee is non-refundable. You can order online through the application process and have the study guide shipped directly to your address. Online payment can be made with a debit card.
All applications must be submitted by May 31, 2019.
- Registration opens: April 15, 2019
- Registration deadline: May 31, 2019
- Written test: July 13, 2019
- Agility exam (if applicant passes written test): Sept. 14, 2019