In order to become a City of Erie firefighter, interested applicants must follow the current application process, outlined below.
Applications are online only and available from Tuesday April 18, 2023 to Saturday April 29, 2023.
You will need the following documents to apply:
- Valid driver’s license
- Birth certificate
- High school diploma
- DD-214 form (if applicable) to qualify for 10 additional points to the written exam for military service
- The City of Erie charges a non-refundable $50 application fee which is payable online.
- There is a non-refundable $15 study guide fee which is also payable online. The study guide is optional and available for purchase here.
- Application Period: Tuesday April 18, 2023 to Saturday April 29, 2023
- Test Registration: 8 a.m. on Saturday July 8, 2023 at:
2000 W. Grandview Blvd.
Erie, PA 16509
- National Fire Select Test (NFST) written test: 9 a.m. Saturday July 8, 2023 at LECOM West
- Candidate Physical Abilities Test (CPAT): Only applicants who pass the written test will advance to the CPAT (date TBD)
The application link will go live on Tuesday April 18, 2023. Please refer back to this page at that time.